One thing people ask me all the time? Where can I go to take cooking classes in town? Well, there are some options…and more chefs are getting into the game all the time. Read More →
During his year-end news conference on Friday, President Barack Obama was making a point about North Korea’s fear of The Interview. His point got lost, however, when he flubbed James Franco’s name. Read More →
With the Festival of Lights well underway and Christmas coming mid-week, the annual shopping rush is at its peak. As you scurry around the city to finish shopping, keep your spirits up with events, carols and sales around the region, including:
- The Village of Cross Keys will remain festive up until the last minute, with carolers and live music on both Saturday, December 20th and Wednesday the 24th.
- Seasonal magic will also stay alive at The Shops at Kenilworth through Christmas Eve, with Santa and the holiday train garden. On Saturday, December 20th, join Santa for breakfast and a holiday magic show, with proceeds benefiting the Salvation Army. Local musical groups will also perform, on the 20th, 22nd and 23rd.
- Evenings from the 20th through the 23rd, Falkenhan’s Hardware in Hampden will host the Street Meat Hot Dog Cart and The Local Oyster. Plus, on the 20th, Santa will make an appearance for photos.
- From now through December 24th, all throws are 20% off at Linens & Lingerie in Ruxton.
- Take a break from shopping at Belvedere Square to catch a Christmas Eve showing of “Miracle on 34th Street” at The Senator Theatre (show times throughout the day).
- Complimentary holiday parking in Harbor East will last all week – through Christmas and beyond – making your last-minute shopping excursions a little easier.
- At Chezelle in Cross Keys, the Spring ’15 Margaret Winters trunk show will be a little ray of sunshine in the midst of the busy Christmas season. Lasting from December 15th through the 30th, it’ll give you a great excuse to think spring, even if just for a moment. Plus, now through the 30th, visit the Chezelle website for a coupon for 50% off any $150 purchase (exclusions listed at the link).
Village of Cross Keys
Saturday, December 20
CAROLERS NOON – 2 PM
Courtyard – Larksong
LIVE MUSIC 6 PM – 7:30 PM
Chris Monaghan – Village Square Café
Cotton sweaters in ottoman, crunchy cotton and honeycomb patterns
8 solid colors and 15 color combinations
Delivery in 6 weeks
Now-December 30 at Chezelle
Includes regular and sale price merchandise.
Excludes trunk show merchandise, special orders and layaways.
Take 40% Off Your Entire Purchase
Make Great Gifts in Our Gift Boxes
25% Off Entire Purchase
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
Holiday Gift Card Offer
Saturday, December 24
CAROLERS NOON – 2 PM
Baltimore Actors Theater (Courtesy of The Store Ltd.)
Yes, you hear about him all day, everyday now. They’re singing about him coming to town, his face is plastered on soda bottles and billboards. He’s all the kids talk about (is he real or isn’t he?). So you may be up to your nose in Santa right now, and we feel that. But then, come on. It’s Santa! And he’s only around once a year, so you’ve got to get in some quality time with the big guy while he’s still here. After all, you want to make sure he understnads the nuances of your wish list, and it’s always smart to make a good impression so he’ll remember you next year, right? Read More →
This Sunday, December 21st, is the Winter Solstice. Here’s all the science you need to know about it. The summary? “The the sun is the ultimate source of all light and warmth on Earth,” and it’s returning to us, Baltimore. Rejoice! With song, dance, steak on a steak…(wait, that’s Ren Fest) and some some local honey wine. Read More →
As a direct licensed lender, the entire loan process – pre-qualification, application and closing, is managed by us. This way, loans close faster and you know what’s going on every step of the way.
We make a commitment to help you pre-qualify, apply and select the right mortgage loan. Our licensed mortgage loan originators give you the personal attention you deserve and treat you with respect.
Welcome back to the Twelve Days of Christmas at Sassanova! Each day we’ll delight you with a piece of eye candy from the store as we lead up to Christmas. Check in each day for the latest special treat.
On the eleventh day of Christmas, Sassanova celebrates the season’s hope, love and dreams with A.V. Max’s sweet Wire World bracelets.
The thin gold-plated bracelets ($45 each) circle the wrist and share a sweet, uplifting message with words like “wish” and “believe.” Handcrafted in New York by Amy Vennema, a jewelry artist who draws inspiration from the city around her to create pieces that are both unique and wearable.
Her Wire World bracelets look great alone but are also excellent layering pieces. They’re a perfect gift for a teenage daughter, girlfriend or anyone who would enjoy wearing a positive message on her wrist!
Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for Sassanova’s next great gift recommendation. Be sure to like Sassanova on Facebook and follow Sassanova on Instagram. Sassanova is located at 805 Aliceanna Street in Harbor East.
Most Comments This Week
"Wow - that menacing twin was scarier than watching "Night of the Living Dead" 40 years...
"Lots to think about.
"excellent article! i learned so much. i am grateful i don't live anywhere near a fracking...
"Thank you, Laurel. Glad to hear it wasn't intentional. Great article! Thanks
"Anne- Thanks for your email and I do wish I had finished this article and had the...