After the Christmas holidays comes the January let down, which is then greatly cheered up by the opening of Winter Antiques Show Season, which makes us very happy.
The Washington Winter Show, which was founded in 1955, took place two weeks ago at American University. This year’s theme, and most of the shows have some sort of theme, was Ports of Call, and the show featured many pieces with a nautical theme, appropriate for our location.
In New York, the prestigious Winter Antiques Show (WAS) opened this week and it’s always one of the very best.
More than 75 dealers from across the world arrive in New York to show and sell their very best wares. Baltimore-area dealers, Marcia Moylan and Jacqueline Smelkinson from The Spare Room, have a booth at the WAS and you can peruse their selection of English and other china. The best thing about the WAS is that it’s the first really big show of the season and it’s when dealers bring their best items, and items that have never been seen before. Read More →
Though winter sales – with their heavy discounts – are still raging, every day, new spring and resort clothes and accessories make their way to Baltimore’s shops. This week, check out these shops for the best deals from last season and the newest finds for spring:
- Happening now, Alice Jane‘s Half Off Half Yearly sale includes 50% discounts on great items from this past season.
- At Ma Petite Shoe, winter merchandise is 30%-50% off – including 50% of toasty scarves.
- At Cloud 9 Clothing stores throughout the city, winter clearance merchandise is 30%-50% off.
- On Saturday, January 24th, catch the tail end of Samuel Parker Clothier‘s last call After Christmas Sale.
- Shop the winter sale at L’Apparenza for discounts on all winter merchandise.
- At Poppy and Stella in Fells Point, daily deliveries of new shoes and accessories will help you get in the mood for springtime. And at Cupcake in Green Spring Station, customizable Resort/Spring accessories in fun colors will make spring feel even closer.
- Madewell fans should make their way to Harbor East this Tuesday, January 27th, for the grand opening of the store’s newest Baltimore location. Starting from the 10 a.m. opening, the first 25 customers will receive a Madewell gift card and from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., the shop will be buzzing with drinks, hors d’oeuvres and a DJ – and complimentary Bien Fait tote bags with purchases.
- Get a head start on Valentine’s Day at The Pleasure of Your Company, which now has a great selection of cards celebrating the season of love.
from our friends – 2 Health Nuts
Lot’s happening for the “2 Health Nuts;” yes, while we have been quiet on Facebook its only because we are “behind the scenes” gearing up for a FABULOUS couple of months. Looking for a sneak peek? Hmm, while our lips are sealed for right now, here is a little showcase of what we have been testing out in the kitchen…this is our “throwback” to this past week!
– Hummus, hummus, and more hummus! Trying out some new varieties (by curiosity and request). These have been in quite the demand…let us know if you want to get in on the action. Read More →
The Creative Alliance, Bonneau Caprece and FoxxFara Studio are proud to present:
WEAR IT OUT BALTIMORE
FASHION & FILM SERIES @ CREATIVE ALLIANCE PREMIERING
Thursday, February 5, 2015/6-10pm
Created to celebrate the fine arts genre of fashion with selected films and documentaries, acknowledge Baltimore’s emerging garment making and manufacturing industry with themed Wear It Out Baltimore (WIOB) showcase segments featuring area clothing and accessories designers, stylists, fiber artists, and clothiers. Read More →
Halcyon House Antiques’ 30% to 40% storewide sale is in its final day today. “We have never done a storewide sale this is special,” said co-owner Jonathan Gargiulo earlier this week. “Lots of great savings!”
Tabletop items, bed & bath decor, gifts, accessories and more are marked down. All purchases up to $500 are marked down 30% and all purchases over $500 are parked down 40%. They don’t have sales very often at Halcyon House. This is a rare opportunity not to be missed!
Halcyon House is located at 11219 Greenspring Avenue in Lutherville, Timonium. Store hours are Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed Sunday and Monday. For more information, visit the Halcyon House website or call 410-828-8889.
We’ve been taking a break from things for a few weeks and hope that you missed us while we were gone! Our shop, Halcyon House Antiques, has been having the biggest sale we’ve ever had (today’s the last day). It was inspired in part, by the New Year arriving and our need to clean things out, start fresh and make way for the new!
We opened up closets, poked around the attic, checked the back of shelves and found all of the goodies that we’d forgotten about. That made us see things through a different prism. When we put that HUGE Imari bowl away to make way for something new, we were tired of it. We loved it, but for some reason, it just wasn’t working for us.
When we resurrected it, the bowl found a new place in a new light. Someone saw it and snatched it up! They had the perfect space for it, and it was the exact thing they’d been searching for. Honestly, this happens each time we re-arrange the shop. Read More →
As local shops report the arrival of new items for spring – it can’t come quickly enough! – they’re also offering deep discounts on fall and winter clothes. Stock up for the rest of the chilly season, and dream of sunshine, at these sales: Read More →
Here’s what we’ve learned about the Halcyon House Antiques sale: spend $0 to $500 and get 30% off…spend over $500, and it’s 40% off! We love the lamp, shown above (on sale from $425 to $255).
Here are some other great finds: Read More →
Most Comments This Week
"Baltimore Fishbowl welcomes all comments, but we do not allow name calling or vulgarity....
"THIS from a black man: “‘What I have a problem with is when people try to force...
"Oh, my, I just saw this. I would love to have my plates. Michael C. Davis, Baytown,...
"It is a herculean task to unseat Nike in shoe sales. Everywhere I go, I see people...
"Ben Carson is a disgusting, self righteous human being